Pasta with Clam Sauce Recipes
Pasta and clam sauce is a quick, easy, and more importantly tasty dish. This page contains pasta with clam sauce recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Try this delicious seafood sauce with your favorite pasta! The sauce freezes well for another meal.
Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked and shelled (60-70 count works well)
- 2 cans (large) clams (or 4 small cans)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups dry white wine
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 pinch Italian seasoning
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Add the onion and oil and cook until soft.
- Add the wine, juice of the lemon, the juice of the cans of clams, as well as the Italian seasoning and garlic. Simmer until it is 1/2 the volume. Check taste for salt.
- Add the shrimp and clams. Do not bring to a boil. The clams and shrimp are pre-cooked, and they well get tough if you get it too hot. The shrimp and clams at room temperature, and will warm up in the sauce.
- Pour over hot pasta.
- If you like a thicker sauce add a few teaspoons of cornstarch mixed with a little water. Cook sauce for a few more minutes.
- Once you make it, adjust the seasoning to your taste. I like a little more lemon.
- It freezes well. Do not boil when you reheat it, just heat to warm. The heat from the pasta will help reheat it.
Editor's Note: There isn't a photo for this recipe. If you make it, post the photo in the feedback.
This is so easy and yummy, but so simple!
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 (5.5 oz) cans V-8 juice
- 2 (6/5 oz.) cans chopped clams
- 1 tsp. basil
- 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
Saute garlic in butter and stir in flour. Let cook about 30 seconds. Slowly add V-8 juice and only the juice from the clams. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add clams and herbs and heat through. Serve over linguine or spaghetti.
|Time:||5 Minutes Preparation Time|
10 Minutes Cooking Time
Source: Sam the cooking guy
- 1/2 stick butter
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped scallions, including some green tops
- 1/2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 peeled tomato
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cans chopped or minced clams (7 oz. each)
- 1 package spaghetti (16 oz.)
- Parmesan cheese, grated
Heat butter and olive oil and reserve 2 tablespoons of this melted mixture. Add chopped scallions and saute' briefly. Add parsley, oregano, basil, crushed garlic, chopped peeled fresh tomato, salt, pepper and clam juice drained from clams; simmer briefly. Add canned clams and then keep hot. Boil package spaghetti. Drain spaghetti and return to pan in which it was boiled. Add 2 reserved tablespoons olive oil and melted butter mixture, toss. Add 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan. Toss; add 1/4 of the sauce to spaghetti; toss again. Serve spaghetti on plate; spoon remaining sauce on top of each spaghetti serving. Sauce should be consistency of regular tomato sauce. Add small amount of cornstarch and water mixed if necessary for thickening. Serve as main course with Italian bread and tossed salad!
By Robin from Washington, IA
Charlie Burke0 found this helpful
April 13, 2005
I've had linguini with clam sauce in several restaurants throughout Italy, and no two have been the same. The best versions are simple preparations relying on the distinctive flavors of few ingredients. In this dish the parsley is not used as a garnish - it adds an important freshness to the pasta.Read More...
May 8, 20170 found this helpful
Enjoy this light, thin pasta with a fresh seafood sauce for a quick dinner. This is a page about linguine with fresh clam sauce.
February 6, 20180 found this helpful
Clams sautéed in olive oil and garlic begin the preparation of this delicious, easy to make, but fancy dish. This page contains a spaghetti with clams recipe.