Talk to your kids about how poppies came into place for Memorial Day. They listen while they are making a craft!
Total Time: Depends on the age of the child
Source: My Day Care Craft Book
- red crepe paper
- green chenille stems, I use pipe cleaners
- large needle
- Cut out three 4-inch circles of red crepe paper. If the kids are little, do this the night before!
- Place the circles on top of each other.
- Use a needle to make two holes next to each other in the center
- Make sure to go all the way through! Again if they are little, do this for them.
- Put the end of a chenille stem through one hole.
- Bend the chenille stem.
- Bring the end down through the other hole.
- Twist the end around the long part of the chenille stem to secure it.
- Pull the crepe paper petals slightly away from each other to form the poppy. Let the young ones do this themselves, they will love it!
Editor's Note: Unfortunately, we don't have a photo to go with this craft. If anyone decides to make a version of this, please send us a photo or post it in the feedback below.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!