Growing Poppies

Does anyone know how to plant or grow a poppy flower plant from a bud off an existing plant?

Hardiness Zone: 7b

By Edith from CT

Answers

Are you talking about a poppy after it has already flowered? If you are, the top is full of seed. Make sure the plant has dried sufficiently and save the seed. Poppies seed readily if you throw them on the ground or let them drop naturally. I planted one poppy last year and had several come up.

Answer this Question

4 More Questions

I cannot get my poppies to bloom, since we moved and I left behind my beautiful orange oriental poppies. I have since planted 2, one has only 1 small leaf and the other has several tiny leaves. What is missing?

By Edith P.

Answer this Question

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Photo of poppies in my garden in Highland, Michigan.

poppies in pink, white, and purple

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

We love our California poppies. Great Granddaughter was delighted that the seeds she planted came up. And was such a big surprise for her on Memorial day when they came for a BBQ.

Poppies

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

This is a picture of my youngest grandson Jacob, as soon as I took the picture he asked if we were done and broke the stem and handed me the poppy. Here is a flower for you Grandma.

Little boy holding a red poppy.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersJanuary 8, 2013
🌻
🍀
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Growing-Poppies.html