Patriotic Straw Wall Art

I saw something like this on line, but I made my own. I had to improvise because I didn't buy enough of two colors, but I think it came out pretty cute anyway.

Total Time: 2 hours

Yield: 1

1. With a plate, cut out a circular shape from the cardboard, about 1.25" wide around. With the cottage cheese lid, trace and cut an inner circle.
  2. Using scraps from the lids circular shape, cut some pieces that will give the cardboard some durability. Popsicle sticks work good, too.
  3. Ad

4. Paint it red, white, or blue.
  5. At an angle start gluing the straws, making sure they stick out about 1/4" over the inner circle. If you chose three patterns like I did, alternate them and make sure you stick to the pattern.
  6. Ad

7. Sadly I ran out of the blues and reds and had to finish with the 3 color straws. You will need 2 of each package at least.
  8. When you get around, decide what kind of large decoration you want to use. You can use dollar tree flowers, a big bow like I did, something you can get cheap you don't have to make?
  9. I pulled out about 24" of ribbon, brought it back around itself and gathered it up gluing to hold. I couldn't hold it and glue it and shoot it at the same time. Same with the ribbon below it. I glued them and then tied them with some red yarn.
  10. Ad

11. I then glued the velveteen and faux gem stone on the center and hung it up.
  12. If you make something like this, use harder cardboard, or two layers glued together. Mine is a bit flimsy, but I didn't want to use a wreath of Styrofoam as the glue would melt it. Live and learn!! N-JOY!

Dainty and CUTE!

Thanks!! I never thought of it as dainty but I like it!!

Very Pretty, Love it !!

Thanks!! It is fun to make.