Paying Your Bills On Time

I never miss paying a bill on time. As I receive bills in the mail, I check to see that the amount owing is accurate, write on the outside of the envelope, at the very top, the date that I either need to mail in my payment for it to reach the company on time, or the date that the amount will be deducted automatically from my checking account. The envelopes are kept on the window ledge just above my desk in an old, decorative napkin holder in date order.

I sit at my desk first thing every day to plan my day, always remembering to glance up at my bills to be paid. Any that have that day's date on them, I take care of immediately. Since I do not get paid interest on my checking account, as soon as I get my credit card bill, I check to make sure all my saved sales slips, which I keep in date order in the pocket of my Account Book, match the amount on the statement and write the check.

In 35 years, I have never had to pay interest on any credit card because I pay the balance off every time I receive a bill.

By Betty from Portland, OR

📓
😎
🐛
🌻