Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich Waffle
Using your favorite bread and nut spread, your waffle iron can toast a yummy sandwich. I have also made grilled cheese sandwich waffles and cut them into squares and served as an appetizer with a pickle on top.
Prep Time: 5-15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 sandwich waffle
- 2 slices bread
- 1 medium banana
- peanut butter or your favorite nut butter
- non-stick spray
- Trim bread crust.
- Spread with peanut butter or your favorite spread.
- Slice banana and place on the bread. Spread a light coating of peanut butter on the top bread layer of sandwich.
- Place in a hot waffle iron that has been sprayed with non stick spray. Close lid and allow "sandwich waffle" to bake.
- Do not bake as long as a regular waffle. Remove from waffle iron and enjoy with a cold glass of milk.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!