Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
I love peanut butter cookies, but had never had the PB&J version. My daughter stopped by today for a visit and we decided to make a batch. The end result was dessert before dinner. They were scrumptious.
Total Time: 1.25
Yield: 30 + cookies
- .5 cups butter, softened
- .5 cups peanut butter
- .5 cups white sugar
- .5 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1.25 cups unbleached flour
- .75 tsp baking soda
- .5 tsp baking powder
- .25 tsp salt
- fruit jam, any flavor
- In bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars.
- Beat in egg.
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl and gradually add to butter and sugar mixture.
- At this point you can cover and chill for 30 minutes to an hour. However, I found the consistency firm enough to continue without this step.
- Roll the dough into 1.25 inch balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheets and make a depression in the center using your thumb.
- Place .25 tsp. of jam (your choice, we used marionberry) into the thumbprint.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 13 minutes or until bottoms begin to brown.
- Allow to cool a few minutes on the cookie sheet, just long enough that they have set up a bit.
- Remove and continue cooling on a wire rack, if you have one. We simply placed them in a single layer on a serving plate. Enjoy.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!