Photo Mat Refrigerator Frames
Awhile back I purchased some magnetic plastic refrigerator frames. They weren't very durable to I decided to try making my own. Photo mats are great for this because they are lightweight and come in multiple sizes.
- photo frame mat (any size)
- acrylic paints
- paint brush
- hot glue gun
- Cover your work surface with paper. Then paint the mat in the colors you have chosen. Once you have applied a layer of paint, shift the mat over a bit so that it won't stick to the paper as it dries.
- Apply a total of 2-3 layers of paint for uniform coverage. Allow to dry completely.
- Test fit the item you wish to hang on the back of the mat. This will allow you to determine proper magnet placement so that it will hold your item securely to the refrigerator.
- Using a hot glue gun (or other type of glue) attach the magnets to the back of the mat. Allow glue to dry before using on the refrigerator.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.