VegetablesGardening

Picking Zucchini

I am probably being stingy about wanting as much zucchini as possible from one that I pick and I let it get large, but not yellowed or wrinkled.
Is there a better way to judge when to pick one? I have included an image of one in 13"x9"x2" pan.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Sounds like you're harvesting zucchini properly! You can harvest any time at Farmer's Markets they have all sizes! It depends on your preference. :)

Reference: https://www.the  zucchini-2540052

The early, small squash (about 6 inches) are the most tender and flavorful, and picking frequently can lead to a larger crop.

I always pick mine before they start to bulge out too much, because I prefer the tenderness of the early ones. I always miss some though so I have a combination of sizes. I find the bigger ones have a more bitter taste so I usually use them in baking.

If you like the larger ones, no reason not to let them grow as long as you like.

Generally, zucchini growers start picking according to the size of their harvest. If you have a few plants you may want to start with small sizes because you will have too many real fast!

Step 1
I do not always grow my own but when selecting them at the market, I always try for the small to medium because so often the larger size does not have the same nice flavor.

Step 2
Usually recommended zucchini squash harvesting will begin when fruit is 6-8 inches long. Some are still edible at up to a foot long. Usually though, if you wait too long the seeds and rind harden and they are no longer good.

Zucchini is one of the most versatile vegetables around so do not discard - find a recipe!

Here is one of my favorite sites so see if you like it too.

http://allrecip  squash/zucchini/

Here is a link to another information site.

https://www.gar  h-harvesting.htm

Picking zucchini.

• The smaller ones about 6 inches are tastier.
  • The more you pick the bigger crop you will get.
  • Ad

• They should be ready 45 to 55 days after planting.