KitchenHome Decor

Picture Frame Magnet

Vote for this contest contender!

A cute photo magnet that would be perfect for Mother's Day, or a just because craft. This magnet will add a nice touch to your fridge.

Total Time: 30 minutes

1. Using a ruler, determine the picture frame size you would like and draw it on the cardboard. Using an X-acto knife trace your outline. *Optional: I originally was going to make this picture frame with a backing to stand on a desk, but I decided I wanted this frame to be a magnet instead.
  2. I cut assorted sizes of paper squares and rolled them into tubes with my pen then secured with tape. Repeat until you have enough to cover your frame.
  3. Secure paper tubes with hot glue gun. Trim excess.
  4. To hide the cardboard trim, I used sticker ribbon.
  5. For the picture frame window, I cut a square piece from a Ziploc bag. Use hot glue and secure plastic window to the frame.
  6. As a cute accent to the frame, I added hearts. It is very easy, cut a strip of paper and fold in half. Roll both sides to form your heart. Secure hearts down with hot glue.
  7. Using another piece of a Ziploc bag, cut out a square piece. Tape along the edge and cut out a V shape, so you can easily switch out the photo.
  8. Lastly, cut magnetic strips to secure to the back edges of the picture frame.

Looks great, Michelle!