Pina Colada Cake Recipes
This cake is an old favorite with a new twist.
Read More Comments
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple slices in juice, drained, reserve 2 Tbsp. of juice
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup coconut milk (not cream of coconut) or 3/4 cup coconut milk (not cream of coconut) and 1/4 cup of light rum
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter in 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish; place in oven until butter is melted.
- Remove baking dish from oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter. Sprinkle coconut over brown sugar. Arrange pineapple slices over coconut, pressing lightly to set each one in place.
Add 1 cherry to each pineapple slice.
- In large bowl, place cake mix, reserved 2 tbsp. of pineapple juice, the coconut milk, the rum (if using), oil, and eggs. Stir about 2 minutes or until well combined and batter is smooth.
- Stir in the instant vanilla pudding. Let stand 2 minutes; stir again.
- Pour batter into pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Immediately run knife around sides of baking dish to loosen cake. Place cookie sheet upside down over baking dish. Turn cookie sheet and baking dish over; leave baking dish over cake 5 minutes to let brown sugar mixture drizzle down onto cake.
- Remove baking dish; cool 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream or a dip of ice cream. If there is any left, store in refrigerator.
TIP: Try replacing the pineapples with peach halves,
coconut with chopped pecans, and coconut
coconut milk with peach juice
for a whole new taste!
8 - 10
10 minutes Minutes
40 - 45 minutes Minutes
By Linda from Brooklyn Park, MD
2 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 2 (9 inch) round cake pans with cooking spray. Line bottom of each pan with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray. In bowl combine sugar, butter and 1 tsp. cinnamon.Read More...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake mix using package instructions. Pour into greased 9x13 inch cake pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until cake is done. Pierce holes in cake with handle of wooden spoon.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.