Pine Cone Friend Decorations

contest winner icon
A fun project for kids or adults around the holidays that cost next to nothing! These can be decoration or you can hang them as an ornament on the tree.

Total Time: 20 minutes

1. For Penquin- Remove cap from acorn and file end of cap into a 'beak' point.

Glue acorn cap on top of one pine cone (snip off top to fit better if needed).
  2. Paint the face of the penguin as pictured and add paint down the front of the pine cone as well. Draw two simple circles for eyes with a magic marker.
  3. For Mouse- Snip off two pine cone 'pieces' to use for mouse ears and two for the penguin's arms and glue onto your pine cones. Snip off tip of mouse's pine cone to 'fit' the acorn head on front and glue. I used some stray dry pine cone needles to glue whiskers onto the mouse.
  4. I glued on a twine tail and drew on two black eyes with my marker.

These are darling, you've got my vote! My kids would love making these, thank you.:)

How sweet are these :-) You are so creative. Thank you for sharing.