Planning a Dinner Party

Making sure that your guests can enjoy the foods you prepare will make for a memorable occasion. This page is about planning a dinner party.

When inviting friends over for meal, be sure to ask for any specifications to their diets, so you can be sure to have food items they can eat. They might be diabetic or maybe very picky eaters. Several years ago, I'd invited some pals over for lunch. I'd not asked about their diets. I served baked chicken, 2 veggies, and dessert.

Although the wife, loved my meal, the husband informed me that he didn't like chicken (he's the first person ever that I'd heard of not liking chicken) and he didn't like one of the veggies. So he had one veggie, dessert, and a beverage. For my mistake, they left soon after the meal, so he could go "get him something to eat."

By Terri from NV

Invite some of your good friends over for a casual dinner. Upon their arrival, pair them up and give each couple an envelope with some money and their assignment (i.e. "buy the ingredients for a dessert, then come back and prepare it.") You might assign appetizers to everyone, taco fixings or menu categories (vegetables, salad, rolls, dessert or even beverages). The hostess would prepare the main course.

Half the fun will be getting the meal together and having fun in the kitchen coming up with a creative menu to serve. This idea is derived from "Home is Where the Heart is" (Daysbrings by Garborg's, Inc.)

I thought of an idea to go along with this idea, have one person purchase some flowers for the table and create a pretty centerpiece for the table.

By WANJOY

Holidays and Parties Parties AdviceNovember 1, 2012
🌻
📓
🐛
😎
😷
Generated 2020-07-24 01:11:10 in 760 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Planning-a-Dinner-Party.html