Plastic Spoon Flowers

Here are some photos of plastic spoon flowers that I have made.

• plastic spoons and forks, green for stems
  • wood burning tool
  • small candle and matches
  • florist tape to wrap around wire
  • thick wire for stem

Be sure to keep a window open, the smell can be very strong.

1. These flowers are made from plastic spoons and forks, melted over a small candle. Use green spoons for the leaves.
  2. I also used a wood burning tool to melt the spoons and forks together. Add a thick craft wire stem and wrap florist tape around it.

Editor's Note: Fumes from melting plastic can be very toxic. Proper ventilation and protection is essential to prevent injuries.

2 More Solutions

I packed up all of my deceased coworker's things. I had to clean up her table. I found 9 disposable spoons. It seems like they had been there for a long time so I thought of creating something out of them so that they wouldn't just sit there for a long time without any use.

glittery mauve painted plastic spoon flower

I tried making the flower using plastic spoons and a candle. When I tried, though, the spoon started melting, but dark smoke remained on the spoon as black color. How do I avoid that discoloration?

By Shereena

Answers

Hello!
You could try holding the plastic spoon close to the side of the flame and not on top of the flame or try boiling water or a heat gun or even a hair dryer if the plastic is soft enough. Hope this help!

Answer this Question

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherJune 25, 2013
🌻
🐛
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Plastic-Spoon-Flowers-1.html