Polar Bear Sandwich
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 390 Posts
If you child like Eskimos, here is a fun recipe!
Total Time: 20 minutes, and then over night in the freezer
Source: An old kid's recipe book
- 24 white marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Put a mixing bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
- Mix together in double broiler the marshmallows and milk over hot water until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peppermint.
- Put in refrigerator to cool slightly.
- Put the cookies in a baggie, crush with rolling pin.
- When mixing bowl is chilled, take it add the cream and whip until soft peaks form.
- Now fold in the marshmallows mixture.
- Cover bottom of loaf pan with the crumbs, then a layer of marshmallow mixture, and repeat, end with crumbs.
- Cover with foil and put in freezer overnight.
- To serve turn upside down onto a plate. Remove foil, of course. Slice like you would bread!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.