Frozen Dessert Recipes
This layered sherbet dessert will delight your guests and family. This page contains frozen dessert recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- few grains salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
Combine sugar, salt and water, and heat to boiling. Boil 5 minutes. Cool.
Add pineapple, milk, and lemon juice, mix well. Freeze.
Source: 1935 The Household Searchlight cookbook
By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA
If you child like Eskimos, here is a fun recipe!
Total Time: 20 minutes, and then over night in the freezer
Source: An old kid's recipe book
- 24 white marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Put a mixing bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
- Mix together in double broiler the marshmallows and milk over hot water until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peppermint.
- Put in refrigerator to cool slightly.
- Put the cookies in a baggie, crush with rolling pin.
- When mixing bowl is chilled, take it add the cream and whip until soft peaks form.
- Now fold in the marshmallows mixture.
- Cover bottom of loaf pan with the crumbs, then a layer of marshmallow mixture, and repeat, end with crumbs.
- Cover with foil and put in freezer overnight.
- To serve turn upside down onto a plate. Remove foil, of course. Slice like you would bread!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh passion fruit juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of Salt
Heat water, salt and sugar to boiling. Simmer for 5 additional minutes. Remove from heat; stir in passion fruit juice. Cool to room temperature. Divide mixture evenly among 3 small ziploc freezer bags lay flat freezer until firm. When ready to serve mash the bag to soften the contents then scoop into individual serving dishes.
By Babbie from Lemon Grove, CA
Here are the instructions.
- Chill a tube pan (like for angel food cake).
- Line bottom with 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- Using 1 quart each of 5 sherbets, line the first with lemon, and freeze 30 minutes.
- Repeat this process with raspberry, pineapple, and lime. With the orange, softened slightly and mix with 1/2 cup diced almonds.
- Make that your last layer, and freeze 4 hours minimum.
- When ready to serve, invert pan on serving plate. Dip a cloth into hot water, ring it out, and lay over pan for a couple of minutes, then lift off mold.
- Decorate with pressurized whipped cream and mint leaves if desired.
Makes about 20-24 servings.
Source: Cool Cooking Cards by Betty Crocker.
By Sandra from Salem OR
- 1 can peach pie filling
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can crushed pineapple (20oz.), drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 carton Cool Whip (8oz.)
Combine all the ingredients, adding Cool Whip last. Freeze the mixture until firm.
By Robin from Washington, IA