Pom Pom Garland
It is hard to believe that the base of this pretty pom pom garland is a tissue roll centre. It is easy to make and children can join in.
You can also use the same method to make garlands using other materials and embellishments such as buttons, fabric bows, dried or fabric flowers, and even autumn leaves.
- 1 tissue roll centre
- 1 marker
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 hole punch
- 1 pack of small ready made pom poms
- pretty cord and/or ribbon for decoration
- a long length of fluffy yarn
- jewel stickers
- Mark a line about 1cm (.394 inches) from the edge of the tube.
- Mark 12 points around the other end (like the numbers around a clock).
- Cut down from each mark to the line. If you are not very good at cutting straight you can mark a line using a straight edge.
- Bend each piece back.
- Make a hole with the hole punch.
- Tie a piece of cord to the hole for hanging.
- Start attaching your pom poms with glue. A strong all purpose glue or a glue gun is best, but white PVA will work well and is better for children. PVA glue however needs a long time to dry so you will have to glue in stages and leave your work undisturbed until it has dried.
- Tie short lengths of cord or ribbon into bows between the pom poms for decoration.
- Bundle the fluffy yarn into a ball and use it to stuff the centre. This should stay in place on its own, but you can use glue if you want.
- Embellish with sticky jewels.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.