Poor Man's Caviar Recipes
You can easily make this delicious spread which generally begins with either black eyed peas or olives. This page contains poor man's caviar recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
- 1 lb. black-eyed peas or 2 cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp. pimentos
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Mix mashed peas with dressing in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients, mixing well. Use with various kinds of chips or crackers.
By Robin from Washington, IA
February 12, 20100 found this helpful
Delish and quick.
- 8 oz jar of oil cured kalamata olives, pitted
- 4 oz. jar of roasted red peppers
- garlic bread of choice
In food processor pulse olives and peppers until they are in small pieces to spread on thinly sliced ~2 in. pieces of toasted garlic bread.
Use more or less olives/peppers to taste.
|Time:||10 Minutes Preparation Time|
0 Minutes Cooking Time
Source: My recipe
By Cj from Hull, MA
- 2 cans blackeyed peas, drained (15 oz. each)
- 1 can black olives, drained (16 oz.)
- 1 can chopped green chilies, undrained (4 oz.)
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2-3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 onion, chopped or green onions
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped (opt.)
- 1/2-3/4 cups picante sauce
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
Combine all ingredients - season to taste. Make 24 hours ahead and refrigerate. Keeps weeks in the refrigerator. Makes 1/2 gallon. Serve with corn chips.
By Robin from Washington, Ia
April 11, 20050 found this helpful
- 2 cans chopped ripe olives
- 2 cans chopped green chilies
- 4 tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. chives (chopped)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Dash of seasoning salt
Mix all ingredients together. Chill, or serve at room temperature. Serve with corn chips.
Poor Man's Caviar (Salsa)
Here is a yummy recipe for salsa. it is called Poor Man's Caviar.
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 can Shoepeg corn
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 can Black eyed Peas (drained)
- 1 tsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small bottle Zesty Italian Dressing
Mix together and chill. serve with corn chips.