Pork and Mung Bean Guisado
Onions, garlic, ginger, and tomatoes combine with cooked pork and mung beans for this tasty dish. The recipe and instructions follow.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Pork shanks and hocks are my mom's favorite part. These are best parts for sinigang (pork in sour broth). Here's another dish that we also love to have during dinner.
- 1 kg pork shanks and hocks chopped.
- 200 g mung beans
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 medium sized onion, quartered
- 1 bulb garlic, chopped
- 2 inches ginger, chopped
- 2 pork bouillon cubes
- salt and pepper
- Place the pork with 1000 ml water in pressure cooker. Cook for at least one hour.
- Meanwhile, cook mung beans in a boiling water for 30-45 minutes.
- Drain mung beans to eliminate excess water.
- Saute onion, garlic, ginger and tomatoes in a large pot.
- Add the mung beans.
- Add the bouillon cubes and stir until cubes break down.
- Now pour pork broth into the pot, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the pork and keep it cooking for 5-10 minutes, then it will be ready to serve. If you want it soupy, just add a little bit more water and adjust the taste by adding more salt and pepper.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.