Making Golden Sesame Balls
October 13, 2018
They are mostly known as Chinese or Japanese food called "buchi". It's made with a sticky rice flour cooked with a variety of fillings. Most are made sweet, but some choose to add a little savory flavor. Here's the recipe.
- 3 cups glutinous rice flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup mung beans soaked in water (for filling)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooking oil (for deep frying)
- Cook mung beans in boiling water for 30 minutes; then drain.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar and mix well until evenly combined.
- Mix glutinous rice flour and remaining sugar.
- Gradually pour water into the mixture.
- Stir the mixture as you pour in water little by little.
- Continue stirring or knead the dough to incorporate the the dry ingredients in the mixture to form a dough. It should not stick into your hands.
- Take a small portion and form into a ball.
- Flatten that ball in you hand and put a teaspoon of mung bean filling into the center.
- Form it back into a ball.
- Roll the ball in the sesame seeds.
- Drop the sesame balls into hot boiling oil, cooking until golden brown. Cook over medium heat to avoid overcooking.
- Remove from pan and place on a plate with a paper towel to remove excess oil. Then it's ready to serve.
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
October 13, 20180 found this helpful
I adore these and have never made my own. Thanks for sharing, Katrine.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.