Sticky Rice with Black Beans, Mung Beans, and Coconut
Americans enjoy this sticky rice with black beans, mung beans and coconut cream as a dessert. In Vietnam it is served for breakfast.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a common breakfast in Vietnam, but for modern tradition here in the United States, this is served as dessert. It is very easy to recreate.
Cook Time: 40
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cups sweet rice
- 3 Tbsp peanuts
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- sugar, sprinkled
- 1 package mung beans
- 1 can can coconut cream
- dash of salt
- Buy a package of dried yellow mung beans which could be found at your local Asian market or Asian aisle of the grocery store. Fill 1 inch of water in your small sauce pan to a boil. Put the entire package of dried yellow mung beans in the pot and cook for 15 minutes.
- While the mung beans are cooking, get another small sauce pot and boil 1.5 inch of water, sprinkle in some salt. Add your 2 cups of sweet sticky rice grains for 10 minutes.
- Then add in canned black beans and stir. Cover for another 15 minutes on low heat.
- Add your peanuts and sesame to a plastic bag, and crush.
- On a plate add a layer of your sticky rice with black beans. Scoop a thin layer of mung beans on top of the sticky rice. Open the can of coconut creme (optional) and coat thinly then sprinkle crushed peanut and sesame and sprinkle with sugar.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.