Potty Training an Older Rescued Dog

I rescued a Maltese mix, he is about 5 yrs old. We live in a house with a fenced backyard. We have other dogs, big dogs and small dogs. I am home all day and leave the door to the backyard open, unless it is very hot out or freezing out. All the other dogs go in and out when ever they need and so does he. But I still can't stop him from going to the bathroom in the house, he has even gone pee on my sister's bed. I don't know what to do. Please help.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

He may need to build confidence. Give him time. Meanwhile, crate train him so that he can begin to properly 'go to the bathroom', and eventually be trained. Eventually the other dogs will provide a good example for him, but he needs to stop fearing them first.

He has had a big change in his schedule. You will have to patiently re-train him.