Powdered Metal Stains on Leather Jacket

I have a senior jacket that has leather sleeves. I work in a powdered metal factory and the leather now has stains on it and I have no idea how to get it off. Can I do something at home or do I have to find a dry cleaners?

This is a tough one. I would brush it with a fine brush, then rinse with clear water. Then I would cycle through the various stain removers which do not harm leather. Talc or chalk might bond with the powdered metal and remove some of it. A light acid - dilute vinegar, for instance - might work if brushed on and quickly removed and rinsed and the leather polished immediately.
I would be inclined to take it slowly, and not try to remove it all at once.

I have had great luck in the past with WD 40. Test in a small area on a piece of soft cloth, follow with a soap and water mistened cloth.

Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherDecember 6, 2016
🎃