Preparing for a Babysitter

There are some things you can do to prepare for your babysitter that will make her or his job easier and make you feel more comfortable leaving your children in their care. This is a guide about preparing for a baby sitter.

When my children were little and I had to have a babysitter I would make a checklist for the babysitter and would leave it by the phone. I would write such things as where dinner was and what time they needed to be fed, bedtime and bath time, and what snacks they can have and where they are. I then put this into a plastic sleeve and left a dry mark eraser next to it so she could mark things off. I also laminated the emergency phone list with clear contact paper, that way if it was a wet emergency, like a broken pipe, the phone list would not melt in her hands :)

By Debra in Colorado

Great tips Debra!

If anyone is having trouble finding a babysitter have a look at this piece:

www.babies-blog.com/.../