Pressure Cooker Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
I have had a pressure cooker for a few years. I treated myself to an Instant Pot, because you don't have to remain in the kitchen while you are using it. This meal was restaurant-quality, and made the house smell amazing. To make it in a regular pressure cooker, just do the sauteing in a separate skillet.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Live Simply Website
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup panic bread crumbs, unseasoned
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard (I only had regular)
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley ( I used dried)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- 2-3 Tbsp cornstarch*
*For thick gravy use 3 Tbsp. cornstarch and 3 Tbsp. water)
- Add all the steak ingredients except for the butter in a bowl. Mix well. Shape into 6 equal patties.
- Let rest while you slice onions and mushrooms.
- Prepare the gravy ingredients, except for the cornstarch and water and set aside.
- Set the cooker to saute'. When it says hot, add the butter and saute' the burgers in 2 separate batches for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the patties and set aside on a plate.
- Add more butter if necessary. Saute the onions and mushrooms lightly, about 2 minutes.
- Add the gravy, scraping the bits of meat from the bottom of the pan.
- Press the Cancel button and put the patties on top of the onions and mushrooms. If they overlap it doesn't matter. (Note: If you are using a regular pressure cooker, you don't press Cancel. You just add the meat.)
- Put the lid on the cooker and lock. Set to manual 15 minutes.
- When the cooking is done, do a natural release for 15 minutes and then open the valve to release completely.
- Remove the patties to a serving platter.
- Combine the cornstarch and water. Add to the gravy, whisking until it is the consistency you like. This could take 5 minutes.
- Serve the patties with the sauce on top. Wonderful with mashed potatoes!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!