Pressure Cooker Teriyaki Meatballs
Vote for this contest contender!
A sale on ground turkey stacked with coupons allowed me to score two one-pound packages for 50 cents each. I used chives from my garden and Truvia brown sugar blend for the brown sugar. Another recipe that won't heat up the kitchen.
I did not sauté my meatballs. I baked at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Facebook group
- 1 lb ground turkey meat
- 5 crackers, crushed
- 3 Tbsp buttermilk
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced and more for garnish
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- In a bowl combine ground turkey, crushed crackers, buttermilk, garlic powder, green onions, salt and pepper. Gently shape into 16 meatballs.
- Combine teriyaki sauce ingredients in another bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the Instant Pot in sauté mode. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and brown the meatballs, about 2 minutes per side. Note: I baked mine for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F in the toaster oven. When brown add the teriyaki sauce, cover and lock the lid. Cook high pressure 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the pot and allow it to release pressure naturally. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!