Preventing Grease Buildup on Kitchen Cabinets

I am talking about grease build up on kitchen cabinets. Does anyone know a long term solution to prevent the grease build up in the first place?

By madeiracake

Best Answer

Clean them often. I just evicted filthy renters who left the entire kitchen coated in grease. In the home I live in, I wipe my cabinets down every other day and after being here 8 years, have no grease buildup. It takes me all of 5 minutes.

Also check your stove vent - is the vent clogged? If so, that will help with buildup. Also, how much food are you frying?? It isn't healthy to have a lot of fried foods. I only fry about once or twice a week. Sometimes on the stove, and sometimes in the fry daddy, and I make sure the lid stays on.

After cleaning, wipe with any kind of wood oil, such as lemon oil, to prevent build up. Works best when done on a regular basis. Ibwould use the oil at lrast twice a month.

Yes, get rid of the over-the-range microwave and get a counter top microwave and replace it with a vented hood that vents outside and not into the kitchen which mostly accumulates grease on the cabinets above the range but sprays all over the kitchen. Over-the-range microwaves are very poorly designed when it comes to venting.