PaintingCrafts

Protecting Oil Paint Design on Denim

I used oil paint on a white denim jacket, will it stay on if I wash it myself? Or should I take it to the dry cleaners?

You need to use fabric paint. I would take it to the dry cleaner and inform them as to exactly what paint you used.

Since you've already used oil paint on the denim, you'll have to have it professionally cleaned.

I believe that i would take the jacket to one of the craft stores (Michael's/Jo Ann's) and ask them about your painting as you may need to do something else to it before having it cleaned.

Some dry cleaners will not take stuff like this as it is too "volatile" and IF they take it they will usually state on your ticket "not responsible for fading/etc).