Protecting Your Sewing Scissors

11
Share
8
Save
Follow
Print

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts

scissors and lockWhether you have kids, grandkids, or even a husband, your sewing scissors may be in danger! If you have a nice pair of sewing scissors, you probably try to keep them hidden so that they aren't used on paper or glue-covered projects. Well here is a solution, it may be excessive, but not in my house. :)

Find or purchase a small padlock that will fit through both parts of the handle and lock them up when not in use. Now they can't be used. I found a lock that had a flexible cable that worked really well and even allowed me to lock up my little snipping scissors.

both scissors

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 282 Feedbacks

Brillant! I'm out to the shops to find a padlock!

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 450 Feedbacks

A great tip. I often wonder how people who are otherwise respectful, think nothing of grabbing my sissors. I suppose they think if I dont know it it is ok. Well this is the answer!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 969 Posts

I am past the kids and hubby, but even I sometimes forget which are for which. I mark "hobby" on some, "office" on others and put a tied piece of yarn for the ones that are nice and small.

That is a stellar idea so thumbs up!

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 169 Posts

Wonderful idea!

This is not excessive at all given the price of sewing scissors! Love this idea!

Blessings, Robyn from Tennessee

I don't think it's excessive either! I hate to find my sewing shears don't work right in the middle of trying to work on a project. I would definitely do this, and will be looking for a lock as well, great idea!

Wonderful idea. I cherish my sewing scissors and keep them in my sewing drawer at all times. Nobody messes with my scissors. I do think it is a great idea. Kudos to her.

I'm going to look at Dollar Tree for a small lock. I don't think this calls for an expensive lock, just something to deter the opportunists! Great idea, and I shared it on Facebook.

Crafts SewingJanuary 10, 2013
😎
🎆
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Protecting-Your-Sewing-Scissors.html