Pulled Pork Swineapple
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
June 13, 2019
What do you get when you cross pulled pork, pineapple, and bacon? Swineapple! This is a fun stuffed pineapple recipe for these hotter months that will make your friends and family squeal. Give it a try!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
Yield: 5-6 servings
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb pork shoulder
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 large pineapple
- 10 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Mix together the sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, black pepper, mustard powder, and garlic powder. Rub mixture all over the pork. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove pork from oven and wrap with foil. Turn oven temperature down to 275 F and cook for 2 more hours until soft and tender.
- Shred the pork using two forks.
- Add 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and mix in. Set aside.
- Turn oven heat to 350 F. Cut off the top of the pineapple and set aside.
- To hollow out the pineapple, cut out a circle in the middle, making sure to keep the bottom intact.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the middle. Reserve it for another use. (I made sorbet!)
- Carefully slice off the outer skin of the pineapple.
- Spoon some of the pulled pork into the pineapple.
- Sprinkle in some shredded cheese. Repeat these layers until you get to the top.
- Starting from the bottom, wrap pieces of bacon around the pineapple, securing with toothpicks. Put the pineapple top back on and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, baste with 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, and return to oven for 20 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest at least 5 minutes.
- Remove the pineapple lid and place pineapple on its side.
- Slice into rings and serve immediately. Goes nicely with potato crisps.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.