This waffle recipes uses delicious pumpkin to make it a little healthier, and can be frozen for waffles the whole week long!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes each pair of waffles
Yield: 14 Waffles
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin spice or 1 tsp each of cinnamin, nutmeg and ginger
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In another big bowl whisk pumpkin puree, eggs, butter, brown sugar and milk until well combined.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix just to combine. Don't overmix.
- Heat up your waffle iron. I lightly spray mine and poured in mix. I left the mix in for 5 minutes and they popped right out! Yours may vary according to your waffle iron though. Too early and you rip your waffles apart. Top with your favorite fruit, powdered sugar, syrup or even plain! Yum!
- I made 14 waffles with this recipe so I layed some out on a cookie sheet and froze them individually. I take them out and pop them in the toaster for a delicious easy breakfast all week long!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!