Making Pumpkin Waffles

Category Breakfast
Make delicious pumpkin waffles using canned puree, pie spices, and other additions such as chopped apples, or nuts. They are sure to be a hit, not only at breakfast.

Absolutely Yummy!

Directions:

Whisk eggs and brown sugar together in mixing bowl. Add half-and-half and butter and whisk until blended.

Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and pie spice in another bowl. Add to egg mixture and stir just until blended. Stir in pumpkin, then fold in apple and walnuts.

Heat waffle iron as directed and make waffles, using generous 3/4 cup batter for large iron.

I've just submitted the original recipe. This is what I have done. I use the entire 15 oz can and quadrupled the recipe. I cool them and put them all in a freezer bag. I've never had a problem taking them out as needed. They heat up either in the microwave or toaster.

If I've forgotten the half-and-half. I've used Skim or 1 percent milk.

Also, instead of using all the needed eggs. I used egg whites only which I keep on hand for all my baking.

I like New York Empire apples, so I use those and I never put walnuts in it.

Source: Found in "Good Food" magazine 1986 at my grandparents estate. It's the only waffle recipe that I use.

By Heather Krucker from Florida

This waffle recipes uses delicious pumpkin to make it a little healthier, and can be frozen for waffles the whole week long!

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 5 minutes each pair of waffles

Yield: 14 Waffles

• 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 Tbsp pumpkin spice or 1 tsp each of cinnamin, nutmeg and ginger
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 Tbsp melted butter
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup milk

1. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
  2. Advertisement

3. In another big bowl whisk pumpkin puree, eggs, butter, brown sugar and milk until well combined.
  4. Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix just to combine. Don't overmix.
  5. Heat up your waffle iron. I lightly spray mine and poured in mix. I left the mix in for 5 minutes and they popped right out! Yours may vary according to your waffle iron though. Too early and you rip your waffles apart. Top with your favorite fruit, powdered sugar, syrup or even plain! Yum!
  6. Advertisement

7. I made 14 waffles with this recipe so I layed some out on a cookie sheet and froze them individually. I take them out and pop them in the toaster for a delicious easy breakfast all week long!

Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastMay 28, 2020
🐛
😎
🎆
🌻
👔
😷

Generated 2020-05-29 23:09:13 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️