Making Belgian Waffles

Category Breakfast
Belgian waffles are a popular choice because of their light airy middle and crispy, deep pocketed outside. Try making them instead of the usual waffle and then add your favorite topping.

Oh, how I love crispy Belgian waffles! I find them so much more pleasing than the usual old waffle. They've got deeper pockets and a lighter, airier texture. Here's how to make them from scratch.

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 2 large waffles

• 1 cup flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
  2. Advertisement

3. Separate the egg and beat the egg white in another bowl until stiff peaks form.
  4. In another bowl, mix together the egg yolk, milk, oil, and vanilla.
  5. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
  6. Gently fold in the egg white.
  7. Lightly grease waffle maker and turn on to medium-high heat. Pour in batter and allow to flow to the edges of iron. Cook for about 5 minutes, until golden brown.
  8. Advertisement

Slightly sweet and creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside make these perfect for a Sunday morning breakfast. I mix this up the night before to let the yeast do its magic and cook them in the morning, making it an easy breakfast for any day of the week. You can also freeze and rewarm them in your waffle iron or toaster for a quick breakfast when you are trying to get the kids off to school.

Ingredients

Directions

Warm milk, add butter, sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix in eggs and stir in yeast (make sure it is lukewarm, you should be able to hold your finger in there comfortably like a warm bath). It may look a little lumpy don't worry it is OK, just don't over mix or you will get a tough waffle.

Cover with plastic wrap, and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour; the mixture will begin to bubble. cook them up now or store in fridge overnight. When you are ready to cook preheat the Waffle Iron (make sure it is hot) and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Pour about 3/4 cup onto waffle iron and cook until brown (mine takes 4-5 minutes)

If I make these with my Belgian waffle maker I need 3/4 to 1 cup mix per waffle, but in my regular waffle iron it only takes 1/2 cup. I sometimes make these in the smaller iron so I can freeze them and toast them in my toaster for a quick breakfast.

Source:

By anna

Separate eggs; beat whites until stiff but not dry. Place in a separate bowl. Mix remaining ingredients together, then fold in whites. Cook in Belgian waffler (or regular waffle iron) according to manufacturer's directions.

Preheat traditional waffle iron to medium. Meanwhile, stir flour, Rice Krispies, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in large bowl. Whisk egg yolks, milk, vanilla, and oil together in medium bowl.

Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastJanuary 8, 2020
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-09 23:05:54 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️