Cottage Cheese Waffles
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
December 24, 2019
These light and fluffy waffles are heavenly. I had a cup of cottage cheese that was just expiring. I substituted whole wheat for the regular flour. These can be frozen and reheated in the microwave or toaster.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 waffles
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- maple syrup
- cooking spray
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- In a blender, combine the cottage cheese, eggs, oil and vanilla. Cover and process until well combined (I used an immersion blender for this).
- Add flour and salt and blend again until smooth.
- Spray the surfaces of the waffle iron with cooking spray. Use a soup ladle to pour the batter into the iron. Cook the waffle until golden brown. My iron took 5 minutes per waffle.
- Remove the waffle with a non-metal utensil.
Serve with syrup and fruit, if desired.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.