Punched Paper Bookmark
Appropriately this project uses a page out of an old book as a background. It's fun to make and can be quickly produced in bulk for craft fairs or charity sales.
- thin card or thick paper for backing
- page torn from an old unwanted book
- pretty, shiny, or metallic paper
- PVA glue
- paper punch - any design
- Cut a strip of card the size you want your bookmark to be. Cut a strip of paper to the same size.
- Randomly cut shapes along the paper strip using your paper punch.
- Spread white glue over the reverse side of the paper.
- Stick the paper to the book page.
- Once the glue has dried, trim all around using scissors, or a guillotine if you have one.
- Apply and spread glue evenly over one side of the backing card.
- Stick the front to the back.
- Trim off any uneven parts and round off the corners.
- Be sure that the glue is well dried before using your bookmark.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!