Puppy in Heat Started to Pee in House

House training a puppy can be daunting, there are many reasons you may have difficulties and setbacks. This is a guide about puppy in heat started to pee in house.

I have an 8 month old, female Lab puppy who has just came into heat. Since then she just seems to be peeing in the house all the time. I am wondering if this has got anything to do with it? I am stressing out, because it just feels like we have gone right back to the beginning. Could you please help. I don't know what else to do. Thanks.

By jacqui from Glasgow

Answers

Best Answer

You can purchase a velcro tab cloth panty for females in heat. Insert a pad cut in half and attach to inside liner. It worked well for my female. You can fold and pin a hand towel around your female as a diaper temporarily until you get something to cover her sufficiently. Also, disposablel baby diapers are said to work well and people cut a hole for tail to go through. Continue to take your dog outdoors for potty breaks and put a pee pad on floor if pup was once trained to use them.

Best Answer

You should probably visit with the vet. I've never had a female pet go into heat (all our pets have been fixed as early as possible). Maybe it has to do with heat, but maybe there is some other medical or behavioral problem.

And, while you're there, you can schedule an appointment to have her fixed. :-) It'll be better for her health in the long-run (and isn't that what is most important?).

Best Answer

Our mini dachshund did that too, and the vet said it can happen when dogs get "hormonal." That is consistent with your observation, so I suspect it is possible that there would be a connection between coming into heat and a change in urination habits. The vet prescribed some inexpensive medication that our dog was on for a couple of weeks, then the peeing problem went away and we took the dog off the medication.

Best Answer

Have the vet check her for a UTI.

I have a 7 month old female Pit Bull. She started peeing in my bed. She never had this type of behavior before. She's not just doing it in my bed, but elsewhere.

She also just recently came into heat. So could that be the reason? I need help on this.

Answers

Take her to the vet to make sure there is no urinary tract infection.

A dog will hide their scent by peeing in your bed.They will mostly do this when left alone.Keep your bedroom door shut.You can also put him in a crate when you go out.Try using a biological wash soap so your dog doesn't get encouraged to pee again.

This is very likely related to being in heat. Get that taken care of and your problem will likely be solved.