Quick Banana Nice Cream
This is a great way to use up over-ripe bananas. I found this recipe online and tweaked it just a little bit to work with my old blender.
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 4 standard servings
Source: The Beaming Baker-Demeter
Link: Dark Chocolate Nice Cream
- 4 ripe bananas, cut and frozen
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2-3 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Peel and slice your frozen bananas if you're too lazy to think ahead, like me!
- Blend the banana slices until smooth and creamy. Add the almond milk if the bananas don't blend.
- Stir in the cocoa. Blend in the honey and vanilla thoroughly.
- Transfer to a freezer safe, airtight container. Freeze 2 hours till partially solid. Take out and whisk until smooth. Then refreeze another 2-3 hours before serving.
- Optional: You can use dark cocoa powder (what they use for Oreo's) and maple syrup to make a mellow version with a little more depth in flavor. You can get this online or possibly at a bulk health food store. Mine came from an Amish store in Illinois.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.