Nice Cream Recipes
Read More Comments
This is a fun and fancy recipe that you can make from things you probably have at home right now. The nice cream is made of a couple ingredients in a blender or food processor, and it gets scooped inside beautiful chocolate bowls you make with the help of balloons. Top it off with beautiful abstract art made of chocolate scribbles, and you're set to wow your friends and family!
You will need balloons and a tray with parchment paper to make these. I let the chocolate bowls and decorations harden outside in the cool air but you can refrigerate them if you're trying to speed things up.
Total Time: 35 minutes plus cool time
Yield: 4 bowls
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tsp coconut or vegetable oil
- 2-3 chopped frozen bananas
- 1-2 Tbsp any type of milk or cream
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- fruit for topping (optional)
- Blow up the balloons to the size you'd like the bowl, judging by the bottom half of it. Tie the top.
- In a wide bowl, melt the chocolate and oil together, stirring until smooth. You can do this in the microwave for 30 second increments, or over a double boiler.
- Spoon little discs of melted chocolate onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. These will be the bases to your bowls so they don't topple over.
- Make as many discs as you'd like bowls. Work quickly so they don't dry up.
- Dip 1/3 to 1/2 of the bottom of the balloon into the bowl of melted chocolate. Keep turning so it's evenly coated into a bowl shape and there are no gaps or holes.
- Gently place the balloon onto one of the base discs. It will stick right to it, so you can let go. Repeat this process with the other balloons.
- Drizzle whatever melted chocolate is left into little designs around the rest of the parchment paper. These will be your decorations for later. Place the baking sheet somewhere cool so the chocolate sets.
- To make your nice cream, place frozen banana slices and a touch of milk or cream into your food processor or blender. Puree, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- When it's creamy, add a sprinkle of cinnamon if you like, and blend a bit more.
- Gently let the air out of the balloons to reveal the bowls. Popping may cause the bowls to crack.
- Fill the bowls with the nice cream. Break off pieces of the chocolate designs you made earlier and stand them up in the nice cream. Add fruit, if desired.
2 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a super healthy and delicious alternative to ice cream. There's no dairy or added sugar. The pineapple flavour is the star, and the smooth texture of the mango gives it its ice cream effect. For being 100% fruit, this dessert is a guilt-free and creamy delight!
This is a great way to use up over-ripe bananas. I found this recipe online and tweaked it just a little bit to work with my old blender.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.