Rainbow Jello Cups
This recipe is fun to make and it is perfect for St. Patrick's day or a rainbow themed party!
Total Time: 1 hour
- Jello (3 oz. boxes of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple)
- boiling water
- Put each flavor of Jello into a separate bowl. Add 3/4 cup boiling water to each color, stirring for approx. 3 minutes to dissolve completely. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once you have selected the containers that you want to create your rainbow Jello in, it is helpful to figure out how thick your layers can be without overflowing the container. If your containers are tapered, it will take more Jello in the wider parts to have an equal thickness. I found it pretty easy to eyeball through the cup.
- Add purple Jello, then place the containers into the freezer for approx. 6 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer and add blue Jello, making sure the layer is a similar thickness. Return the containers to the freezer for another 6 minutes or until firm.
- Repeat this process until you have added all of the colors. You should end with a red layer.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!