Making Rainbow Jello
Although a bit time consuming to prepare, the outcome is well worth it. Serve these delicious, eye-catching Jello desserts for St. Patrick's Day or anytime. This is a guide about making rainbow jello
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Not only does this treat look awesome, it tastes really good too!
Total Time: 2 hours
- Jello (3 oz. boxes of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple)
- 2 packets of Knox gelatine
- 1 can condensed milk
- boiling water
- Put each flavor of Jello into a separate bowl. Add 3/4 cup boiling water to each color, stirring for approx. 3 minutes to dissolve completely. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl combine 1/2 cup cold water and Knox gelatine. Set aside for a few minutes and allow the gelatine to "bloom" or swell up. Then stir well.
- Combine condensed milk and 1/2 cup boiling water in a bowl. Add the condensed milk mixture to the gelatine mixture, stirring to combine. Then add another 1/2 cup boiling water. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once you have selected the containers that you want to create your rainbow Jello in, it is helpful to figure out what measurement of each color you can use without overfilling your containers. You will have 11 layers total (6 colors and 5 creamy layers). So for my containers, I found that I could use a 1/8 cup, 11 times, without overflowing.
- Now it is time to start your layers. Add purple Jello to your containers in whatever measurement you have chosen.
- Place the containers in the freezer for 6 minutes or until that layer is firm.
- Then remove them and add a creamy layer. Return the containers to the freezer for 6 more minutes or until firm.
- Repeat this process, alternating between colored layers and creamy layers. You should end with a red layer. NOTE: If you find that your colored or creamy Jello begins to solidify while you are waiting, just place the bowl into the microwave and heat in 10 second increments, stirring in between, until the Jello has returned to a liquid state.
- Refrigerate the rainbow Jello until ready to serve. Then top with whipped cream and enjoy!
This recipe is fun to make and it is perfect for St. Patrick's day or a rainbow themed party!
September 23, 20140 found this helpful
These rainbow jello cups are a fun way make jello for a party or St. Paddy's Day. Check out this video and learn how to make them.
June 22, 20140 found this helpful
This video recipe shows you how to make layered rainbow jello. This jello doesn't just look good, it tastes fantastic.