Raking Leaves

Category Seasonal
When the leaves fill your yard, you want to find the most efficient way to clean them up. This page is about raking leaves.

This is gardening tip and a how to. We have 3 English walnut trees. When the leaves fall, we like to clean them up because we heard the leaves are toxic. Every fall we blow them in a pile then unto a large tarp. He uses an "s" hook in the corner grommets of the tarp and hooks it to the back of his lawn mower. One year he tried pulling the tarp by himself and pulled a groin muscle. That was not fun.

By Donna from Millbury, OH

Do you get a blister on your hand when raking leaves? If so, try taping a piece of first aid cloth tape on your hand where the blister forms before you put your gloves on.

I have a callous on my thumb from many years of raking and blisters. Gloves have not prevented this from happening to me. This year, I put a piece of tape over that area beforehand. So far no blister and I have done a lot of raking.

I think this prevention method is going to work for me and I hope it will work for you as well.

By littergitter from NC

Today, I was out raking the leftover fall leaves. They were wet from the rain, and there were a lot of them. Instead of painstakingly raking them all the way from the house to the edge of the road where I needed to put them, I took out a large tarp.

Part of keeping your lawn and garden healthy means that most of the accumulated debris, including fallen leaves, should be removed in the fall.

Raking Up Fall Leaves

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Don't do it by hand! If you have large acreage and/or lots of deciduous trees, better to use a lawn vacuum. I bought a used one (it's all steel, so I recycled, in a sense: when isthe last time you saw one of those tow-behind-your-garden tractor vacuums made of steel?) about 30 years old.

It's the time of year for raking leaves! Make it easier on your back by using an old sheet, large tablecloth or discarded shower curtain as a tarp.

Home and Garden Gardening SeasonalOctober 12, 2012
🐛
😎
📓
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Raking-Leaves.html