Recipes Using English Muffins

Category Sandwiches
These muffins are not only good for breakfast and can be used in a variety of ways. This page contains recipes using English muffins.

This is much like the McDonald's sandwich, but you don't have to go through the drive thru. Just fix it in your microwave with the help of the toaster in less than 5 minutes. Fast, healthy breakfast for the kids before they rush off to school.

• whole grain English muffin
  • one large egg
  • 1 slice of American or Velveeta cheese
  • 1 slice precooked Canadian bacon (optional)

Directions:

Use a small glass bowl with straight sides that is just a bit larger than the muffin. I use a ramekin. Slice the muffin and place it in the toaster. Don't turn it on quite yet. Grease the bowl with a little olive or canola oil. Break the egg into the bowl and whisk it as you would to scramble it. Add salt and pepper to taste, and pour it into the bowl.

Push the muffin down into the toaster and place the egg in the microwave and set the timer for 30 seconds. Meanwhile, unwrap the cheese slice, and fold each corner in toward the center. When the microwave stops, pop up the muffin if it has not popped up yet. Remove the egg from the bowl with a spoon and place on half the muffin.

If you are using the Canadian bacon place it on top of the egg, and top it off with the folded cheese slice. Place this back in the microwave for about 15 seconds to "soften" the cheese. If you melt the cheese if will make a messy sandwich. Remove from the microwave and place the other half of the muffin on top. Enjoy!

Servings: 1
Prep Time: about 4 minutes
Cooking Time: about a minute

Source: I like Egg McMuffins, and McDonald's is 5 miles away, so I just made my own version. Very healthy with the whole grain for fiber, the protein in the egg, and the calcium in the cheese slice.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR

Ingredients

• 3 English muffins
  • soft butter
  • 6 slices bacon
  • 1 large tomato
  • 6 slices American cheese

Directions

Set oven control at broil and/or 550 degrees F. Cut English muffins into halves and spread cut sides with butter. Cut bacon slices in halves. Place muffin halves and bacon slices on rack in broiler pan. Broil with tops of muffins 3 inches from heat until bacon is light brown, about 2 minutes. Remove muffins and turn bacon over. Broil bacon 1 minute longer. Top each muffin half with 1 slice tomato, 2 pieces bacon and 1 slices cheese. Return muffins to broiler for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Serves 6.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Mix at least 2 hours ahead of time. Spread on English Muffins. Broil. Can be eaten whole or can also be cut into small pieces as an appetizer.

Anybody have a good recipe for something to do with stale English muffins (besides pizza)? I just found a whole un-opened bag that got shoved behind the cereal. They aren't bad, just dry. I was thinking maybe something like a bread pudding or strata-type casserole that my teenage boys would eat.

Thanks!

By Judy = Oklahoma from Tulsa, OK

Answers

Toast them and put them in the food processor and make bread crumbs. If you don't have a processor you can use a grater.

Make croutons with them.

Anna Olsen had a show where she used the stale english muffins and slices of ham in a dish, made a strata. you can improvise as I don't have the exact recipe.

They could also be used in breakfast casseroles with sausage, eggs and cheese that are easy and great tasting.

Here is a favorite kid-friendly recipe that not only has my daughter always loved, but my siblings and I begged for as children as well! Everybody gets their pizza exactly the way they like it. Mom or Dad will need to assist.

Ingredients

• Bagel or English Muffin Halves (1-2 per person)
  • Tomato sauce (leftover spaghetti sauce works great and saves money)
  • Shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Favorite toppings

Directions

Give each child their own "crust" and let them top with sauce, cheese, veggies and meats to their liking. Place on a cookie sheet and pop in the oven at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted. Enjoy!

By Tricia from Tucson, AZ

Ingredients

• 2 lb. hamburger
  • 1 can pizza sauce
  • 6 English muffins
  • 1 pkg. Mozzarella cheese, grated (3oz.)
  • 1 can mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • salt
  • pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Brown onion and hamburger; drain grease. Add pizza sauce and cook until thick. Split muffins and place on cookie sheet. Put hamburger mix on muffins and sprinkle with cheese.

Bake until cheese melts at 300 degrees F. Watch closely as this only takes a few minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Individual Pizzas

I always have trouble making good pizza because my crust is elstinko. This sounds easy and good, I'll give it a try. Thanks for posting it. (05/14/2009)

By Joyce

A great way to save money on ordering pizzas! We make pita pizzas, either whole wheat or white pitas work great (mini or regular), either tomato sauce and/or pizza sauce works fine, whatever cheese you like and, of course, any toppings. It works great for a quick lunch of a personal pizza.

By Meg from Westboylston, MA

Answers:

Personal Pita Pizzas

That's a good idea. I will try it sometime. When I was a kid my Mom would make quick pizzas using split English muffins in the toaster oven. (02/03/2009)

By OliveOyl

Personal Pita Pizzas

I use a Taco Shell for the crust and add some spaghetti sauce, toppings I have on hand, and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. Am low carb diet and these keep me within my daily allotment of carbs! (02/04/2009)

By Joan

RE: Personal Pita Pizzas

Personal Pita Pizzas

My family and I love using bagels to make pizza bagels.

We use plain bagels, spaghetti sauce (Prego), and shredded cheese. Then we put it in the toaster oven to melt the cheese and heat up the bread and sauce and that's it. It's fantastic and quick. (02/05/2009)

By Peechee

I couldn't afford to buy pizza for my kids growing up as much as they would eat it so I would make them mini pizzas with their favorite toppings

Tonight, as I drove home from work, I called my kids, who agreed pizza (homemade) would be a good supper.

Food and Recipes Recipes SandwichesNovember 28, 2012
😎
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Recipes-Using-English-Muffins.html