Recipes Using Mushrooms

Category Recipes
Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
This edible fungi has many culinary uses. This page contains recipes using mushrooms.

If you get a super sale on mushrooms (mark downs); slice them and dry on cookie sheets on low in oven until crispy dry. I processed mine in a mini chopper and stored powder in spice jars.

Patties and Gravy

• 2 lbs. Ground Beef $2.59 x 2 = $5.18
  • 2 Packets Mushroom Gravy Mix .33 each x 2 = $.66
  • 2 Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup 1.09x2 = $2.18
  • Ad
  • 2 Cups of Water = Free

Make Ground Beef into hamburger patties and cook. Mix Mushroom Gravy mix, soup and water in bowl with wire wisk. Pour over cooked Hamburger patties and simmer until heated through and slightly thickened into gravy.

White Rice

• 2 cups = .89
Cook Rice according to package instructions

Green Peas

• 1 lb Frozen Green Peas = $.99
Cook according to instructions.

Serve Gravy and Patties over white rice, with peas on the side.

By Farrah from Delmar, DE

Easy and different.

Directions:

Clean the mushrooms and wash them well. Put the oil in a frying pan; when it starts to sizzle, add the mushrooms, leave them for 2-3 minutes. Add onions, salt, and pepper. Five minutes later, add the tomatoes and cook at normal heat for 20-25 minutes. In the meantime, carve the chestnuts and either boil them or bake them in the oven for 20 minutes. Peel them and add them in the casserole 10 minutes before the food is ready.

Servings: 4
Time:15 Minutes Preparation Time
30 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: TOMATO

By RULLA8 from creta greece

This is a mushroom sauce that is made in the crock pot with Sprite or 7up. I am going to try using Mountain Dew.

• 2 lb lean chuck cut into 1 3/4 inch pieces
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup, fat free
  • 1 pkg onion soup mix
  • 1 can Sprite or 7 Up

1. Put beef into crockpot.
  2. Pour soup and onion soup mix over meat in crockpot.
  3. Add Sprite or 7up.
  4. Cook on low all day or on high for four hours.
  5. After time is up, turn off crock pot and let it sit like that with lid on for 30 minutes.

Ingredients
  • 1 package cube steak
  • 1 envelope Lipton's Golden onion soup mix
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can mushrooms (pieces and stems)
  • Ad
  • salt, pepper, flour, oil
  • milk (enough to fill empty cream of mush. soup can)

Directions

Salt, pepper, and flour the meat. Brown in hot oil. In the meantime, mix the mushroom soup, mushroom pieces, and milk together in a bowl. This is your gravy. Remove meat and drain skillet. Place meat back in skillet and using 1/2 of the Lipton soup mix, sprinkle on meat. Pour in the gravy. Simmer 45 minutes to 2 hours.

Tips: I usually cut the pieces of meat in half. Sometimes I also use water in place of milk. The other half of the Lipton soup mix I toss in my mashed potatoes as I am whipping them up. Usually I soak the meat in it's package in milk (for tenderness) for a couple hours.

By Alyssa

I have about 15 mushrooms that I need to eat or cook before they get bad in the next day or so. Does anyone have a simple recipe for Beef Stroganoff or simple stuffed mushrooms?

monnat96 from Pingree Grove, IL

Answer Was this helpful? 1

SIMPLE STROGANOFF

Clean and slice mushrooms. Saute in a little oil. Remove from skillet. Brown 1 pound of sliced sirloin steak in remaining oil. Put mushrooms back in skillet along with 1 chopped onion and prepared mustard to taste(I use 1 tablespoon).Add 1 can beef broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Mix in 1 cup room temperature sour cream. Cover and simmer another 15 minutes. Serve with wide egg noodles and beets.

Note: you can use any cut of beef for this but sirloin is traditional. For tougher cuts of beef you may have to increase cooking time.

You can slice and brown a pound of thinly slied beef or hamburger, drain and set aside, saute muhrooms sliced in a bit of oil, add the meat, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 can can of water, a half package of dry beefy mushroom soup mix, stir, then simmer on low for abou 20 minutes. Before serving , add about a half cup of sour cream and stir just till heated through. Serve over hot noodles! Yummy!

Brown a pound of beef sliced thin, or you can use ground beef. Set it aside after draining. Saute mushrooms for a few minutes, add meat, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, along with a half package of beefy onion dry soup mx. Place lid on skillet and simmer on low for about 20 minutes. Add about a half cup of sour cream, sit until heated through. Serve over hot cooked noodles. Yummy!

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

Cubed steak, enough to feed your family

2 TBS water

1 package DRY Liption onion soup mix

mushrooms

Cook for 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low

add 1 container sour cream

thicken with flour if necessary

serve over egg noodles

YUM! Even my kids love this one

My favorite way to use up mushrooms is to saute them in a little butter and then scramble a couple of eggs in a bowl and then pour them over the mushrooms to make sort of an omelet.

If they were mine, I'd slice and toss with some olive oil & garlic and saute on medium heat. Sounds yummy to me! This would make a nice snack or good with any meal.

Mushrooms that need to be used at once. Slice or dice and toss into a zip lock bag and toss into the freezer till your in the kitchen creating one of your hearty dishes.

Works for me every time. Oh YES! Don't forget those stems which have more flavor than the mushrooms. ENJOY!

I've tasted a vegetarian chopped Liver made from mushrooms, onions, seasoning and light mayo. Was different but good and tasty.

Does anyone have a recipe for mushroom gravy using canned mushrooms?

Blanche from Colorado

2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms with juice

3 tablespoons butter

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

3 cups milk

3 cubes beef bouillon

Melt the butter in the same skillet, and add the mushrooms. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over, and mix in until blended. Stir in the milk and beef bouillon. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth and starting to thicken. Return the patties to the gravy and cook over low heat, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Thank you so much. I will make this soon.

Thank you for your response. I will be trying this soon.

I buy the McCormick brown gravy mix packet, cook it according to the package directions, and then add a small can of mushrooms. It's great on steak and mashed potatoes.

We were in a restaurant the other day and I ordered steak with mushrooms and it was so delicious. Does anyone have a good recipe for mushrooms with sauce for over meat?

Marilyn from Burlington, WI

What restaurant were you in? Maybe you can look on the CopyKat recipe or Top Secret Recipe sites and see if the recipe is listed?

God Bless!

Sheila in Titusville, FL

I've been buying ground chuck or ground sirloin recently, making up patties to freeze, grilling them and serving them with a mushroom & onion concoction that's great. I saute' some onion strips & sliced mushrooms in a bit of lite margarine, then season with Mrs. Dash Table Blend and some powdered beef bouillon--add a little water to keep it moist. Add as much seasoning and boullion as you want. The seasoning is great, but I think the bouillon is the secret ingredient.

We have always loved sauted mushrooms with our steaks and burgers - Sautee onions in butter until they start to carmelise, add sliced fresh mushrooms. Then add a little worcestershire, turn the heat to low and simmer until the meat is ready - yum-yum and enjoy.