Recipes Using Soy Nuts

Soy Nuts
Soy nuts can often be substituted for peanuts in many recipes. This is a guide about recipes using soy nuts.

I have about 3 cups of soy nuts that I don't know what to do with. I believe they are all salted. i have tried eating them and really don't like them. I can give them away but as I am very tight on food, I would like to try to use them.

Thank you in advance.

Sandy from Baltimore, MD

Best Answer

I hear when you bake with them, they taste like peanuts. I don't know, I had some soy nuts and didn't care for them. I gave them away. But since you're 'tight on food', see if your pal or neighbor, or co-worker has something he or she can trade with you, for them.

You could try mixing them in a trail mix with dried fruits, raisins, chocolate chips, or whatever you like. You could also try them as a substitute for baked goods that call for peanuts.

Good luck, I have tried them and I liked them, maybe they are an acquired taste?

Krista

I'd finely grind them in the food processor, store them in the freezer and then when I made bread I'd substitute some for some of the flour, a couple of tablespoons per cup of flour, or in addition to the flour. They could be used in any savory baked goods as part of the flour, but I'd use them in yeast breads.

Susan

You can make soynut butter by grinding them up in a food processor until creamy. You can probably find a recipe online. Also, they are a nice crunchy topping for salads.