WallsHome Decor

Recycled Cardboard Ring and Yarn Dreamcatcher

This is a really cute dreamcatcher you can make for your wall decor, or to give as a present to someone special.

Total Time: 1-2 hours + drying time

1. I cut an 8 inch strip of 16 gauge craft wire.
  2. I cut 30 strands of 3.5" strips of yarn. Note: it is up to you and how big/small you want your feather-like yarn to be.
  3. Place your craft wire on top of your yarn and tie the yarn onto the wire.
  4. Once you have all your yarn tied on to the wire, move them closer together. Optional: Trim off excess so the yarn is more even.
  5. (I cut the side of my paper bowl so it would be easier to dip my yarn in). You will need equal parts of mod podge and water, just a thin layer will do.
  6. Dip your yarn/craft wire into bowl of mod podge/water solution. Then place it on an oven pan covered with foil and pour more solution over so it is drenched. Then pick up the yarn feather and allow the yarn to shape into a feather. Let the yarn feather dry in a downwards position overnight. Once the yarn is dried, you can finish shaping it.
  7. In the meantime, I traced a CD on to the piece cardboard and cut out the center with scissors and an X-acto knife.
  8. Tie a knot with yarn around the paper ring and wrap until completely covered in yarn.
  9. Wrap craft wire around the circle.
  10. Cut 3 strands of yarn 12" long and braid together, then knot together to be able to hang the dream catcher. You can also just tie a simple knot if you'd like too, but I ended up liking the braided look.
  11. Assemble the dream catcher, attach feather, and its ready to hang.
  12. Ad

This is lovely. I can finally use my extra mod podge.

You are welcome. :) It was easy to do and you don't need that much modpodge!