Recycled Mixed Materials Music Theme
Recreate this guitar themed recycled mixed media art piece. You can use old magazine pages, sheet music, etc. Additional embellishments help perfect the final outcome. This is an excellent project to stir up your creativity. Experiment, change the theme, and make several.
March 17, 2020
I created this piece using an old plastic poster board, a broken mirror, magazine pages, and colored stones purchased at a recycle store.
Total Time: 6-8 hours
Link: Magazine Art Directions
- 1 large plastic board
- Mod Podge
- hot glue and glue gun
- 50+ magazine pages, as many as needed
- 1 broken mirror
- 6 (white) glue sticks
- 4 wooden skewers
- 3 black shoe strings
- 1 can clear acrylic spray
- 30 small colored stones
- 1 picture hanger
- 1 roll masking tape to protect the glass when sealing.
- Roll the magazine pages using a wooden skewer and a glue stick - also purchased at the recycle store. (This photo is an example using a sheet of music.)
- Cut the plastic board to your desired shape.
- Arrange and glue the broken mirror pieces and attach (modpodge).
- Hot glue the stone pieces around the mirror pieces
- Then I mod podged the magazine tubes around the mirrors in a design that I made up as I went along. Seal once with modpodge - let dry.
- Once dried I taped the over the mirror pieces to protect them while I sealed the piece with clear acrylic spray.
- I then hot glued black shoe strings that I got at the recycle store (remove the plastic part) around the edge.
- Finally attach a picture hanger to the back. I added a drop of E600 glue due to the weight of the piece.
See image - the image is rolling a piece of sheet music starting at a corner.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.