Recycled Painted Table
December 16, 2020
After finding this bent and torn child's table, we recycled it into an adult side table.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 roll contact paper
- spray paint
- Remove the old covering from the top of the table. Remove screws. Set aside.
- Spray paint the metal the desired color.
- Laying out the contact paper, wrong side up, lay top of table, right side down over contact paper. Draw around the shape of the table onto the contact paper with a pencil. Because the contact paper is rectangular and the top is round this will take two steps, repeating the same step on the other half of the table top.
- After it has been traced, using a pair of scissors, cut around the circle, leaving a 1 inch border. Then, clip all the way around the perimeter of the circle from the edge to the pencil line. This will help when folding the contact paper to neatly fit the table top. Carefully remove the contact paper backing. Turn the top of the table over and position the contact paper on both sides of the table top. Starting in the center of the table, smooth out to the ends.
- Place the table top onto the legs of the table and attach with original screws.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.