Recycling Dryer Lint

Even dryer lint can be recycled. I recycle it in 3 different ways.

1. Fire starters. I make fire starters out of dryer lint for our fireplace or for when we burn trash in the barrel outside. I take empty paper towel tubes or toilet paper tubes and stuff them full of dryer lint. To hold it in the ends, you can stuff a piece of newspaper or a paper napkin or other paper trash.
  2. Advertisement

3. Compost. Dryer lint is made up mainly of organic fibers, (usually cotton). I don't use fabric softeners, but rather vinegar, and I use natural soaps when doing laundry thus it is chemical free and safe for composting and gardening.
  4. Insulation for bird nests. Put some of it on a branch in a tree that is frequented by birds. In a short amount of time, you will notice it is gone. The birds will take it and line their nest with it.

Better Living Green Living Recycling OtherJanuary 19, 2017
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Recycling-Dryer-Lint.html