Recycling Electronics

Category Other
It's good to know where you can dispose of a television, computer or other electronic devise so that its parts will be recycled. This guide is about recycling electronics.

Kelly Ann Butterbaugh0 found this helpful

The green movement is in full swing, and while it might be great for our planet, it might not be so great for our wallets. A growing concern involves e-cycling, recycling electronic products which seep chemical poisons into the ground beneath the dumps. There is a way to responsibly recycle e-products without breaking the bank. Think of e-cycling as "economic recycling" and save the planet.

What to Avoid

Try This Instead

Reduce, reuse, recycle; and save both money and the planet.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

By Amanda (Guest Post)

Also, contact your county or township public works departments. My township doesn't offer pickup of recyclable electronics and some "hazardous" items (fluorescent bulbs, batteries, e.g., but they DO accept these items, at no cost to me, at the public works office.

I just save up until I have enough to justify a sbort side trip-- the public works office is on my way to work anyway. (Of course, for things like lightbulbs and batteries, make sure you save them in a safe place far, far out of reach of small children and pets!)