Red Cedar Balls for Repelling Roaches?

I am planning to move to Florida. In packing large boxes, is using Cedar Essence red cedar balls a great way to keep out cockroaches? Amazon sells quarter size cedar balls. If these keep out roaches as I pack, how many quarter-size balls should I use to keep out roaches to keep in storage until I find a home. I hate roaches and want to keep them out of my housewares and clothing. Or do you have a better solution while I start packing. Help!

Best Answer

This is an excellent idea, but you will need quite a bit of them to keep the roaches out of your boxes. You should use around 20 or so in each box to make sure the odor is strong enough to keep the roaches out of your boxes.

Anonymous

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Have a great day!

So would having Home Depot perhaps cut 1 inch by 1 inch out of Red Cedar be a better idea. These quarter size balls come in a bag of 100. With 20 in a box, that's a lot of bags to purchase. I am trying to think about the best way forward...as I start to pack boxes...and of course, you wrap things in paper. Oh dear! Thank you.

They dont like the scent. Make sure you have enough to have a strong scent

Home and Garden Pest Control CockroachesMarch 20, 2018
😷
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Red-Cedar-Balls-for-Repelling-Roaches.html

CockroachesPest Control